Saturday, December 19, 2009

Advice about in cab electrics please.?

I have landed a trucking job which will keep me away from home a few nights a week and I want to run a fridge, coffee maker, TV and possibly a game system but I don't want to run it all out of a cigarette socket because I know I could blow some fuses.





I know I need an inverter but can anyone explain the how's and the whys because anything electrical fries my mind.





Thank you.Advice about in cab electrics please.?
you'll want to hard-wire the inverter directly to the batteries. most inverters only have a maximum outlet of three appliances. you are going to have a problem running these items because of the current draw. I suggest you plug the refer unit into the rear lighter socket (in the sleeper) because you'll want to run that all the time. after that you'll have to figure the amp draw on each item so as not to overload the inverter. t.v. will draw the most amps., and I'm not sure of the game. coffee maker will be tricky because of the limited amount of space. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment